Current Morning/AM Skincare Routine

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Today I will be talking through my current morning skincare routine, as my last couple of posts were about my evening routine. 


1. REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser £19, available here.
Do you need to cleanse your face in the morning? Yes. So many people seem to think that you don't need to. You need to cleanse your face in the morning for the same reason that we have showers in the morning, and the same reason that we wash our bedding.

This is the cleanser I'm using in the mornings at the moment, it's a clay consistency which feels really refreshing and cooling, and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or dry. I apply this to my face whilst it's dry before I get in the shower, and leave it on for a while before rinsing it off. It helps to combat the 3 causes of breakouts: excess sebum/oil in the skin, dead skin cells, and bacteria. This has quickly became one of my favourite products to use.

2. REN Clarimatte Clarifying Toner £13 available here.
Clarimatte™ Clarifying Toner
I mentioned this in a previous post, which you can read here. 

3. La Roche Posay Serozinc £8.50 from Boots


As above, this was mentioned in a previous post, which you can read here.

4. Decleor Flower Dew Moisturising Gel Cream for Eyes

Eye cream always lasts ages, because you only need such a small amount. I use a tiny amount of this, and dot it below and above my eyes, on the eye bone. It's easy to overload the eye area with product, as the skin is very thin it can cause puffiness. Your eye products disperse around the eyes, so the eye takes what it needs. Think of the skin around your eyes like a tissue, and if you put a drop of water onto the tissue it disperses, it's similar to what happens around the eyes. 
I can't actually seem to find this on Decleor's website, I think it may have been discontinued, so I won't go into too much detail with this. I've been using it for a really long time now, it's just about to run out.   If  anyone has any suggestions for eye products, I'd really like to hear them, let me know in the comment section below.

5. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum, £22.50, available here, and also from Boots.
Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum
This has been my go-to serum for the past couple of months. I use one pump of this all over my face, it doesn't feel greasy or oily on the skin at all, it just sinks in effortlessly. My skin is dehydrated as well as a little oily, so I like to use a hydrating serum under my moisturiser. Dehydrated skin means there is a lack of water in the skin, whereas dry skin is a lack of oil in the skin. The main ingredients in this are Thermal spa water, and hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is your skins natural hydration molecule, it holds a thousand times it's own weight in water, and also acts like a humectant, so it takes water from the air, and locks it into the skin, and helps prevent water loss from the skin. If you have dehydration, this is the best ingredient to look for in your skincare.

6. Effaclar Duo +, £15.50 available here and from Boots.
EFFACLAR DUO[+]   packshot from Effaclar, by La Roche-Posay
I use this underneath my moisturiser most days, it is really lightweight. As you can probably tell, I am a fan of layering products, especially when it starts to get colder, a bit like layering clothing. It contains zinc and salicylic acid, aswell as glycerin, which is added to a lot of skincare products for hydration. This really helps with uneven skin texture, spots and blackheads, and large pores. It's too lightweight to be used alone as a moisturiser, as it's not hydrating enough on it's own. This is a really raved about product, it's won lots of awards for  the results it gives.

7. Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser, £24 available here and from Boots.
GinZing™
This is a great moisturiser for oily skins, as it is oil-free, it's also great for boosting radiance in the skin. The 'energy boosting' part in this, is the fact that it contains coffee bean. This doesn't leave a heavy, greasy film on the skin, it sinks in almost immediately. I love the smell of this, it smells like oranges, which is really refreshing and satisfying when you're feeling tired in the mornings. I'm nearly all out of this, so any moisturiser suggestions would be great! 


Please subscribe or follow to keep up to date with my latest posts :)

Hope you've had a lovely weekend x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love the sound of the REN cleanser and the Origin moisturiser! I love Elemis pro-collagen marine cream as a moisturiser and Dr.organic eye rescue rollerball (great for tired eyes and dark circles, feels really refreshing!)

    ReplyDelete